- Get More Information Here:
- Weber Q Accessories
Eating healthyat barbeques for PCOS means having a variety of food groups in your meal:proteins, healthy fats, vegetables and fruits, water and a limited amount ofsweets.
Be sure tohave a balanced meal at the barbeque to avoid any blood sugar imbalances.
Healthyeating at barbeques this summer and fall are as easy as understanding thecorrect portions of each food group in your meal.
For example,you may have too many of one food group and leave out the rest, resulting in unbalancedmeals and an imbalance in blood sugar levels.
Healthyeating at social events requires planning and motivation to want to be healthyfor PCOS. For example, dont go to a social function famished. This will resultin overeating the bad foods, such as chips, pretzels, crackers, bread, etc., thatcause a blood sugar surge. Instead, try having a small protein-rich snackbefore going to the event.
If you aresomeone that tends to go to social events and overeats on all the bad foods forPCOS, then you are not following my top 5 suggestions.
Try thesetop 5 suggestions at your next social event and afterwards see if you noticed adifference in terms of how you felt at the event. For example, you may havefelt less fatigue, fewer cravings for carbohydrates and sugar, and spent moretime socializing and enjoying yourself as opposed to over indulging on bad PCOSfoods, leaving you feeling lethargic and moody.
Try followingthese 5 simple steps at your next barbeque and see how you feel.
These arethe Top 5 Ways to a Healthy Barbeque for PCOS:
1. Vegetablesare the one key ingredient that most people lack in their barbeques. Its ashame because thats where we get most of out fiber intake. Its very importantto load up your plate with all sorts of seasonal vegetables. Try grillingvegetables such as peppers, tomatoes, onions, zucchini, summer squash,broccoli, etc., with a little olive oil, salt and pepper.
2. Protein is equally as important asvegetables, since this is what helps to stabilize your blood sugar level. Thisis what people with PCOS should strive for. Try having a large portion of yourplate protein. This will help you feel more satisfied from your meal, thuscraving less of the bad PCOS food at the barbeque. You should feel more stable,and experience fewer mood swings and blood sugar crashes.
3. Wateris not to be missed. Its very important that you keep your body hydrated throughoutthe entire time at the barbeque. Be sure to have a large glass of water withyour meal. Adding sliced lemon or lime to your water gives it a little kick.
4. GrilledFruit. Yes, grilled fruit is absolutely delicious and such a wonderful treatto serve for dessert! Try grilled apples or pears. This could be verybeneficial for you because you are not creating a blood sugar surge that younormally get from having cookies or cakes for dessert.
5. Dont forget your healthy fats. Most people get so scared when it comes to adding naturalfats to their meal. People have become so accustomed to buying everything fatfree, thus having very little natural fats in our diets. Trust me, there is noway to make something naturally fat free, so please know that its probablypacked with ingredients that you cant read. Healthy fat plays a very importantrole in helping to keep us fuller longer. Try including some great healthy fatsin your meals by adding avocado, nuts and seeds, olive oil, sesame oil, etc.
Trythese delicious ways of eating healthier at barbeques for PCOS. You will immediatelyfeel a difference.
Whetheryoure at someones barbecue or hosting it yourself, its very easy to followthese simple steps.
Now, isnt that a great way to spell relief foryourself?